INDUSTRY PROGRAM INFORMATION
INDUSTRY PRACTITIONERS’ PROGRAM, IEEE GLOBECOM 2014
GENERAL PROGRAM INFORMATION:
The Industry Program is a component of the IEEE GLOBECOM 2014 Conference (which uses a single registration system). This information will assist you in selecting the INDUSTRY PROGRAM events of interest to you.
SUMMARY OF THE PROGRAM ELEMENTS OF PRIMARY INTEREST TO INDUSTRY ATTENDEES:
(a pdf version will be available soon).
The program elements for the Industry Program consists of a number of different events of interest to Industry Practitioners, that include:
- Tutorials – Nine (9) Tutorials are scheduled (see next heading for a list of the program tracks), being split between Monday and Friday. Abstracts of each may be found under the link at the heading. Also a listing of these can be found on the REGISTRATION Page under Tutorials.
- Workshops – Three (3) full day and one (1) half day workshops are scheduled (see next heading for a list of the program tracks , two (2) on Monday and two (2) on Friday. Abstracts of each may be found under the link at the heading. Also a listing of these can be found on the REGISTRATION Page under Workshops.
- Welcome Reception – A Monday evening reception, 7pm to 10pm, will be held for all conference registrations. During this event, the Exhibits and Demonstrations will be on display.
- Exhibits & Demonstrations – Exhibit booths and demonstrations from our major patrons and exhibitors will be on display in the Exhibits Hall and the foyers beginning at the Welcome Reception and continuing thru, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.
- Keynotes – Two keynotes from Industry Leaders will be given each day, Tuesday thru Thursday, from 8:30 to 10:00am. For titles and biographies of each speaker, see the PROGRAM Tab/Keynote Speakers.
- Panels/Sessions – Each day, Tuesday thru Thursday, from 2pm to 6pm, there will be a series of sessions discussing current issues of interest to industry practicing communications engineers. The list of sessions is being prepared and will be available very soon.
- Executive Forums – Under final development, check back soon.
- Dialogue with Industry Leaders – Under final development, check back soon.
- Awards Luncheon – Included under the Full Conference Registration Category, optional under all other registration categories, including the Full 3-Day Industry Registration.
- Conference Banquet - Included under the Full Conference Registration Category, optional under all other registration categories, including the Full 3-Day Industry Registration.
LISTING OF EVENTS
Nine (9) Tutorials & Four (4) Workshops, Monday and Friday
MONDAY & FRIDAY
- Access Technologies
- Networking & Information
- Emerging Applications
- Enabling Technologies
- Business & Government
Individual Day Session Program Tracks
- Six (6) Keynote Speakers, Tuesday thru Thursday
- 5G: Small Cells
- Networks: SDN/NFV
- IoT: Platforms
- Enabling Tech: Advances
- Business/Gov: Policy
- 5G: Overview
- Networks: Wired Tech
- IoT: Access Tech
- Enabling Tech: Cloud Computing
- Business/Gov: Career
- 5G: System Design
- Networks: Deployments
- IoT: Overview
- Enabling Tech: SDR
- Business/Gov: Spectrum
Three (3) Executive Forums
- Network Transformation (Tuesday)
- 5G Visions (Wednesday)
- IoT Visions (Thursday)
Dialogue with Industry Leaders event (Tuesday evening)
Plus Optional Awards Luncheon (Tuesday) and Conference Banquet (Wednesday)
The Conference has a full complement of exhibitors & demonstrations from Communications Service Providers, Equipment Manufacturers, Software Companies and Research Institutions. For a complete list, check back with us soon on this web site.
SAMPLE DETAILED SCHEDULE
TUTORIAL & WORKSHOPS
I-1 Tutorial: Heterogeneous and Small Cells: Theory Standardization and Deployment
I-2 Tutorial: Learn the details of OpenFlow with Interactive Switch visualization.
WI-1 Workshop: New Air Interfaces (Full Day)
WI-2 Workshop: International Workshop on the Internet of Things and Services (Full Day)
TUESDAY thru THURSDAY:
Coming soon, please check back.
Back home >>
TUTORIAL & WORKSHOPS